With the exam opening tomorrow, I feel comfortable with most of the material up to this point. I suspect we will be asked to show how varying data structures represent a given data set, as well as how those data structures are manipulated (deletions, insertions, balancing trees, etc.). Similarly we will probably be asked to implement certain famous algorithms (like Dijkstra's Algorithm) to find optimal solutions. Algorithms and data structures are crucially important to any programmer, and we can thus expect to be tested on them.
I am concerned, however, about being tested on the material from section 2. We very briefly covered it, and I don't understand it at all. To be honest, I didn't even do the homework, which very well may be the reason I don't understand it. Still, the reason I didn't do the homework was because everyone said it took a really long time to work on it, and I personally didn't want to spend the time on something that only seemed marginally relevant to the rest of the material we were covering at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment